Sunday, July 3, 2016

is this thing on?

Well, I dropped off the face of this blog again. Life just got busy.

It's the beginning of a new month and I've got some new goals.  I decided to choose one or two (sometimes three) goals in different areas of my life.  Here they are:

House projects:  deep clean/declutter/organize kitchen.  I want to try to deep clean, declutter and organize one room a month.  If needed, I'll take more than a month but my goal is one room per month.  I'm starting with the kitchen because I think that'll be the biggest job.

Yard projects:  (1)  Finish driveway strip project.   There's a strip about 1.5 feet wide between the edge of my driveway and the neighbor's property that has become an eyesore.  There's no water line, plus it is beneath a huge pine tree so nothing's growing there anyway.  I got the weeds cleared out and laid down landscape fabric, held down by stones.  I have a pile of rocks that were removed from a flower bed border that I will use to fill in the space.  So what needs to be done is finish cleaning off the cement from the rocks, lay them down and then buy more to fill in the empty spaces.   (2)  Get tree removal started.  I have 6 large trees in my backyard.  I think they are original to the house (which was built in the early 1980s).  They are too big around, too tall, too close to the fence, and the roots are coming out of the ground.  The roots are ruining my sprinkler system, my fence and my lawnmower.  They're starting to die too.  One is only half-leafed.  The others just don't look so good.  And every time we have windstorms, branches break off. So they need to go.  I hate to lose them but I plan to replace them with fruit trees.  Anyway, I need to call tree companies and get bids, choose one to do the work and get the whole thing going.

Sewing:  Finish three unfinished projects.  Make three reusable grocery bags.

Scrapbooking:  (1)  Do California scrapbook (using Project Life app) and 12x12 grid picture.  Almost done with this.  (2)  Finish Colorado scrapbook and 12x12 grid picture.  Almost done with this too.  (3) Finish Georgia scrapbook.  I just have some journaling to do.  (4) Make list of finished pages in my oldest child's scrapbook.  This child is graduating from high school next year (!!!) and my goal is to have her scrapbooks done by graduation.  So I'm starting with making a list of done pages.  (5) Scan film negatives.  Goal:  10 strips per week and organize pictures into folders.

Crafty:  (1) Finish egg candlesticks.  I just need to paint the wood parts and glue them together.  (2) Make youngest child's birthday party stuff.

Church:  do my visiting teaching.

Spiritual:  (1) read scriptures daily.  (2) Implement ways to keep the Sabbath day holy.

Physical: (1) Exercise daily.  (2) Take meds/vitamins. (3) Go to bed on time.

Mental:  (1) Read two classic books of literature.  (2)  Practice writing skills:  blog (goal: 3x/week); Once Upon A Time story cards (goal: one story a week).

Financial: get tithing/fast offerings caught up

Health: (1) get eye exam and new glasses.  (2)  Drink 8 glasses of water daily

Wife: date with hubby twice this month

Mother:  be more "in the moment" with children

Teacher:  do Mommy Camp (goal: at least an hour a day)

Cook:  (1) have dinner ready to eat at 6 pm daily.  (2) Shop in freezer weekly so meat is in fridge.  I have a big upright freezer in my garage where I keep meat, vegetables and other frozen foods that I find good prices on.  Often I change my menu plan at the last minute because I haven't gotten out the meat that needs to thaw.  It's so dumb, but sometimes it happens because I just don't want to go out to the freezer.  I figure if I get all the meat I need for a week at once, then keep it in my kitchen freezer until I need it, I will be more likely to follow my menu plan because the meat is "right there" and I can take it out quickly to thaw.  (3).  No eating out during July.  I like to cook and I'm good at it, so there is no reason to pay around $50-60 to eat out when I can make a really good meal myself.

Those are my goals/projects for the month of July.  I'll report in each Sunday how I'm doing.

No comments:

Post a Comment